Student Employment


Getting Hired

Where do I start?

So you would like a job on campus? You have a couple of options to assist you with your job search. If you received a Federal Work Study (FWS) award as part of your financial aid package, you are eligible to use the FWS job listings available through Handshake - use "work study" as your search keyword / position type. If you are only eligible to seek Institutional Employment, (no FWS award as part of your financial aid package) you may use the job listings available on Handshake - use "on-campus" or "student employment" job as your search keyword / position type. 

Both FWS and IE applicants may also approach departments and/or professors for whom they are interested in working and discuss employment opportunities. If you are eligible for FWS funding, please be sure to share that information with a potential employer. It benefits you and your employer!

Regardless of how the position is acquired, you will need to complete a HR paperwork and a placement survey. You will need to initiate your I-9 and provide identification documents at Student Employment. If you are asked to start working, please ensure that these documents have been completed.

Still have questions? Make an appointment to see a Career Counselor - call 260-481-0689.