What You Need for Your Major
If you need to fulfill a foreign-language requirement for your major and you have completed two years of a foreign language in high school, you must complete a foreign-language placement test prior to registering for any classes.
Foreign-language placement exams are administered in the areas of French, German, and Spanish. The exams consist of an adaptive-reading-comprehension component. The test results are available upon completion of the test. The foreign-language placement test may be retaken once. You can obtain course information by contacting the Department of International Language and Culture Studies at 260-481-6836.
Schedule Your Test
Call 260-481-6600 to schedule your English, math, and reading placement tests. Here are our testing times:
- Monday–Thursday: 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., and 5:45 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Please keep in mind these important policies and things to consider before taking any placement test:
- A photo ID is required in order to take all placement tests.
- Cell phones are not allowed at the testing stations (please make the appropriate arrangements for storing your cell phone).
- Placement testing times can be subject to change based on availability and/or test length.
- You should arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment; if you arrive late you will be asked to reschedule.
- Testing-room temperatures may vary; it’s advisable to bring a sweater or jacket.
- Children are not allowed in the testing facilities; please make childcare arrangements before your exam.
- If you require test accommodations based on disability, contact the director of testing services at least seven business days before your scheduled test date; disability documentation may be required.
- Testing Services is unable to give placement or entrance exams for students who attend universities other than Purdue Fort Wayne.