What You Need for Your Major
If you need to fulfill a foreign-language requirement for your major and you have completed two years of a foreign language in high school, you must complete the foreign language placement test process prior to registering for any classes.
Foreign-language placement exams are administered in the areas of French, German, and Spanish. The exams consist of an adaptive-reading-comprehension component. You can obtain further foreign language placement test procedure information, course information, as well as Arabic and Japanese placement test information by contacting the Department of International Language and Culture Studies at 260-481-6836.
Please keep in mind these important policies and things to consider before taking any placement test in the Testing Services Department:
- A photo ID is required in order to take all placement tests.
- Cell phones are not allowed at the testing stations (please make the appropriate arrangements for storing your cell phone).
- Placement testing times can be subject to change based on availability and/or test length.
- You should arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment; if you arrive late you will be asked to reschedule.
- Testing-room temperatures may vary; it’s advisable to bring a sweater or jacket.
- Children are not allowed in the testing facilities; please make childcare arrangements before your exam.
- If you require test accommodations based on disability, contact the director of testing services at least seven business days before your scheduled test date; disability documentation may be required.
- Testing Services is unable to give placement or entrance exams for students who attend universities other than Purdue University Fort Wayne and Indiana University Fort Wayne.
Note: Testing Services is unable to give placement or entrance exams for students who attend universities other than Purdue University Fort Wayne and Indiana University Fort Wayne.