TRANSFER CREDIT GUIDELINES FOR DOMESTIC UNDERGRADUATE WORK
If you are a transfer student with undergraduate transfer coursework from one or more United States colleges, the transcripts you provide from previously attended domestic colleges will be processed by the Office of the Registrar. The processing begins after you have been admitted to Purdue University Fort Wayne and transcripts have been received by this office. Please allow 7-10 business days to process your transfer credits.
GUIDELINES FOR EVALUATION
- For consideration, transfer credit must be represented as course credit on an official transcript from a regionally accredited institution*.
- Purdue Fort Wayne’s academic departments determine the equivalency of transfer coursework to Purdue Fort Wayne courses.
- Only college-level courses for which you receive a C− or higher will be considered for transfer. Courses that are preparatory in nature, often courses with numbers less than 100, do not transfer.
- Unless a course was completed at another Purdue University campus, only the course credit transfers to Purdue Fort Wayne; the grade does not.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER COURSEWORK
GRADUATE TRANSFER COURSEWORK
* Purdue University Fort Wayne accepts transfer credit earned from the following accrediting agencies in which a student earned a C- or better: Higher Learning Commission (HLC), Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), and Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC).