University Police

We have compiled a list of commonly asked questions, with answers to assist you with information on campus.

Weapons on Campus

The possession, use, or distribution of any explosives, guns, or other deadly or dangerous materials or weapons reasonably calculated to cause bodily injury is prohibited in University Facilities, unless specifically authorized by the EVPT or authorized representative or required by or used in the course of a University activity and under the supervision of a University representative. The EVPT or authorized representative may make reasonable search of patrons, fans, or visitors for any explosives, guns, or other deadly or dangerous materials or weapons as deemed necessary for the protection of the University Facility and its occupants.  

The full policy can be found on Purdue's website by clicking here. .  

Police Services

Do campus police officers have full police powers?

Yes. Campus police officers do have full police powers and are state certified. Their jurisdiction currently extends beyond the campus property to the entire State Of Indiana. Officers have the authority to write both campus and Indiana State Traffic citations.

Does Purdue Fort Wayne have twenty-four hour Police service?

Yes. The campus is staffed twenty-four hours a day by commissioned police officers with full police powers.

If I do not feel comfortable walking to my vehicle alone will the police give me an escort?

Yes. Call 260-481-6827 and give the dispatcher your location. The dispatcher will then send a police or safety officer to escort you to your vehicle.

If I lock my keys in my car or need a jump start will the police help me?

Yes. The University Police Department is prepared to assist you with unlocking or jump starting your vehicle. Call 260-481-6827 if you need either of these services.

If I have a flat tire on campus will the police help me change my tire?

No. The The University Police Department are not allowed to help change tires for liability reasons. However, we would be able to assist in calling a tow truck at your request to assist you.

If I get hurt or have a medical emergency on campus who will help me?

All University Police officers are trained by the Red Cross in CPR, AED and First Aid. They will be the first to respond to your call for help and will contact additional medical personnel as needed.

Back To Top


What are "Staff" permits for parking and how can I get one?

Permits for parking in the "Staff" section of the lots are only for full and part-time faculty and staff of the campus. Students and visitors may not purchase these permits.

Do you enforce parking meters after 6 p.m.?

Yes. Parking meters are enforced from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Do all "Staff" lots change after 5 p.m. and become student lots?

No. Not all "Staff" lots become student lots. Please refer to your rules and regulations pamphlet as to what "A" lots become student lots after 5 p.m.

How can I dispute a parking ticket?

To dispute a parking ticket you can fill out the online Parking Appeals Form. This is the only way that you can dispute a ticket.

Back To Top


Where is the Purdue Fort Wayne Police Station located?

The Police Station is located on the Purdue Fort Wayne campus at the north end of West Campus Drive. West Campus Drive is the main entrance to the campus off of Coliseum Blvd. It is a one story building located at the rear (dock area) of the Liberal Arts Building.

Where do I get a copy of my accident report?

A free copy of your accident report may be obtained from the Police Station.  

Where do I check, if I have lost an item on campus?

There are four places for you to check to see if your item has been found.

  • The University Police Station 260-481-6827
  • Helmke Library 260-481-6505
  • Kettler Information Desk 260-481-6880
  • Cole Commons located at Student Housing 260-481-4180.

Back To Top

noneEmergency Contacts

  • Emergencies
  • Escort
  • General Information
  • Weather Info line (recorded)
    481-6050 or 481-5770