Military Student Services

Veteran-Student Emotional Wellbeing Services

Get Counseling Assistance

Did you know you can get up to 6 counseling sessions a semester at no cost to you?

Service members and veterans can have some additional stressors in their life as well as the average ones, which can affect your student performance. Purdue University Fort Wayne has resources that can help you manage and work through some of it so you can focus on your education.

Purdue University Fort Wayne/Student Assistance Program (SAP) is that resource.

Some things you could see a counselor for are:

Individual Counseling
    • Violence—sexual assault, stalking, Veteran’s combat stress
    • Depression
    • Anxiety
    • Anger
    • Stress
    • Thoughts of suicide, death, or hurting others
    • Substance abuse
    • Grief—from death, parents’ divorce, relationship break-up
    • Relationship problems—roommates, family, romantic
Couples Counseling
Group Counseling
    • Depression Recovery
    • Anxiety
    • Substance Abuse

Purdue Fort Wayne/Headwaters Counseling Student Assistance Program (SAP) is located in Walb Student Union, Room 113.

For more information please visit Purdue Fort Wayne/Headwaters Counseling Student Assistance Program (SAP) webpage.

You may also contact them by phone at 260-744-4326 and identify yourself as a Purdue University Fort Wayne student.