Office of International Education

How to Apply and Transfer Credit

 BIP 2014 Students

Below is a step by step process as outlined in the Study Abroad Policies and Procedures Manual of how to apply to participate in an overseas study program. Once you have identified a program:

  • Complete and submit the Purdue Fort Wayne study abroad application to the Office of International Education. It can be found online or in Walb 145.
  • If participating in a non-Purdue Fort Wayne program, complete and submit the host institution's study abroad application.
  • Apply for a passport.
  • Meet with the Office of International Education and your academic advisor to identify courses to be taken overseas and to complete the Study Abroad Course Approval form. Transfer credit will not be processed if this form is not completed prior to your participation in the overseas study program.
  • Submit the Consortium Agreement to the Offices of Financial Aid and International Education. The Consortium Agreement can be picked up from the Office of Financial Aid in Kettler 103.
  • Acquire a visa if one is required for your program country.
  • Submit a copy of your acceptance letter to the Office of International Education.
  • Make travel arrangements to your host country, if not provided.
  • Submt a copy of your travel itinerary to the Office of International Education.
  • Submit a copy of your passport and visa to the Office of International Education.
  • Attend all pre-departure orientations.
  • Study the culture, history, and language of your host country and review the IPFW Study Abroad Handbook

If you do not already have a passport, you will need to start the process before you apply. If you received a passport before the age of 18, you may need to renew it. You may pick up a passport application in WU G042.