Human Resources and Office of Institutional Equity

Worker's Compensation

Worker's compensation provides protection for all university employees, including student workers, who acquire a work-related injury or illness. Employees are protected while carrying out assigned job duties both on the premises and while traveling on university business. Coverage is provided, with certain limitations, for medical expenses, time an employee is unable to work and any permanent impairment.

If you are injured on the job:

Notify your supervisor immediately!

In case of a life-threatening injury, have someone call 911 and then have them notify your supervisor.

If your injury is not life-threatening but you need medical attention, you may visit one our of worker's compensation approved facilities after completing the first report of injury (FROI) with your supervisor.

If you are the supervisor for an employee injured on the job:

  1. Complete the first report of injury in Google Chrome. If you use another browser, your form will be blank when submitted.
  2. If medical attention is needed, send employee to: 
    • Parkview Occupational Health, 3415 Hobson Road, Fort Wayne, (260)373-3000
      • Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
    • Parkview Occupational Health, 3978 New Vision Drive, Fort Wayne, (260)672-4680
      • Hours: Monday - Friday - open 24 hours
        • Saturday open until 1pm
        • Sunday - closed