Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Purdue Fort Wayne. Review and complete the items on the following checklist to make sure that you’re ready for your first semester as Mastodon.
1. Save your spot.
Make your acceptance to Purdue University Fort Wayne official by logging in to your application and completing the Reply to Offer of Admission Form.
2. Activate your goPFW account and student email address.
To set these up, go to the First-Time User page and follow the instructions.
3. Pay your deposit in your new goPFW account.
- Go to go.pfw.edu and log in
- Once you log in to your goPFW account, select the “Billing and Financial Aid” tab on the top navigation bar
- Select the big yellow “$” for the Bursar
- Select “Deposits” at the top navigation bar
- In the “Select a deposit” drop down menu, select “Undergraduate Enrollment Deposit Fall”
- Then it will take you to the payment portion to pay your $50.
4. Choose New Student Orientation experience.
We’ll send you an email (beginning on October 1 for spring admits and March 1 for fall admits) to schedule your New Student Orientation.
Your New Student Orientation experience will include the following:
- Advising: Get one-on-one time with your advisor to discuss your academic interests and major.
- Registration: You, with your advisor’s assistance, will register for classes, setting your schedule for your first semester at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Campus tours: We want to ease your nerves and make sure that you are prepared for your first day, which is why we provide time during New Student Orientation for you to familiarize yourself with campus and to meet new people.
Types of Orientations
One-day and overnight sessions for first-time college students.
For adult beginner students, GED students, and students who are new to Purdue Fort Wayne but have previously attended college at another institution.
REENTRY AND READMIT
For students returning to Purdue Fort Wayne.
For students enrolled in an online-only major or program.
Learn more about the types of orientation offered.
5. Check out student housing.
Living on campus is a great way to immerse yourself in the Mastodon community. Check out all the amenities and floor plans that student housing offers. If you’re planning to live on campus, you can begin the paperwork process by applying for student housing after you’ve submitted your enrollment deposit.
6. File your FAFSA and look at financial aid options.
Determining how to pay for school—by filing for FAFSA and applying for scholarships—is a big part of being accepted into college. Money awarded from the grants, scholarships, or loans can help cover tuition or other expenses that come with university life.
To qualify for state financial aid programs, complete your FAFSA by your state’s deadline of the school year when you plan to enroll. See the FAFSA website for all state aid deadlines. The federal deadline to complete the form is June 30, 2023.
After filing your FAFSA and other financial aid paperwork, we strongly recommend that you check your official Purdue Fort Wayne email and goPFW account regularly for updates.
Learn more about the FAFSA, scholarships, or other ways to pay for college.
7. Complete placement tests.
Your academic advisor may require you to complete one or more placement tests. These tests help us get a better idea of which classes you’re ready for in math, English, or a foreign language. Some placement tests may be completed in goPFW, and some are on campus in our testing lab. You will be notified by email about which placement tests you need to take.
If you need to take a placement test, it must be completed in order to register for classes.
8. Submit immunization record.
All incoming students are required to be in compliance with Indiana state laws related to immunizations.
Review the easy steps below to learn where and how to submit proof of immunization (please note, immunization records should not be submitted to the university directly):
- Visit Med+Proctor and log in with your campus username and password.
- Complete required personal information, download the immunization certificate, and follow the directions provided.
- Upload a copy of your immunization forms to your Med+Proctor account. Make sure that your forms are complete and legible. If you are uploading your own copy of your immunizations instead of the forms provided by Med+Proctor, please be sure that it has your medical provider’s office stamp and signature. Once the immunization forms are received, you will be sent an email confirmation.
All immunization documentation must be in English. Med+Proctor is unable to translate documents. For those who are able to provide immunization records satisfying all requirements, your status will be updated and the hold on your account will be lifted. No further action is required.
See our Immunizations page for more information.
9. Submit final high school transcripts.
One of the last pieces of your acceptance to Purdue Fort Wayne is submitting your final high school transcripts. Your high school must provide these transcripts, and they are only available after you graduate.
You have the following options to provide Purdue Fort Wayne with your official transcript:
- Digital credential service: Parchment
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Office of Admissions, 2101 East Coliseum Boulevard, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805
In order to be eligible for consideration for the Purdue Fort Wayne Scholarship, you must submit your deposit by June 1. The final deadline for transcript submissions is August 1.