New Student Orientation - Spring 2021
Your New Student Orientation Experience
Our team has worked hard to ensure your New Student Orientation experience will be as fun, interactive, and informative as possible. We’re so excited for you to take your first step toward learning the Mastodon Way through an interactive online New Student Orientation. Here’s a breakdown of how this works:
Be sure to complete these important steps before starting New Student Orientation:
- Log in to your application and complete the Reply to Offer of Admission Form.
- After replying to your offer, you will receive an email to complete your Enrollment Intake Form. This form will be reviewed by your academic advisor to help them prepare for your online registration session. (If you lost this email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll help you out.)
- Activate your goPFW account and student email address.
- Once your Enrollment Intake Form is completed and reviewed, check your “Placement Test Recommendations” email and complete the placement tests recommended to you prior to your Virtual Registration date.
- Submit your immunization records.
- Submit this form to get your official Mastodon Card.
Your online New Student Orientation experience consists of two parts: Online Orientation and Virtual Registration.
After you complete your Enrollment Intake Form, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to complete your Online Orientation and how to sign up for a Virtual Registration session.
Part One: Orientation through Brightspace
In order to prepare for your online registration you will complete a series of online session modules through our learning management system, Brightspace. If you’re unfamiliar with this system, don’t worry, tutorials are available.
- Please watch the “Academic Information” and “College Information” modules before you meet with your academic advisor.
- You should set aside about two hours to complete this component.
- You can complete these at any time that is convenient for you.
Part Two: Online Registration
Online registration is where you will get to hear from our team, meet some new friends, meet your advisor, and schedule your classes. You can sign up for a Online Registration session prior to completing Online Orientation. You can choose from either morning or afternoon time slots. Plan to set aside about three hours for this component. A week prior to your online registration session you will receive information on how to join the live session and your academic advisor will send your registration appointment information.