Now that you’ve been accepted to Purdue Fort Wayne, you’ll need to get your visa. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Get your I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) document from Purdue University Fort Wayne. If you are an International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) J-1 student, get your documents from ISEP.
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee—$200 (F-1) or $180 (J-1).
- F-1 school code: CHI214F10460001
- J-1 school code: P-1-13823 (only if Purdue Fort Wayne issued your DS-2019)
- Get a visa—make an appointment at the US embassy or consulate in your home country to apply. Please check the website of the embassy you’ll be going to for your appointment, as there can be slight variations to the required documents.
When you go to get your visa, you’ll need the following documents:
- Valid passport (for at least six months into the future)
- Original letter of acceptance or admission from Purdue Fort Wayne
- Valid SEVIS I-20 or DS-2019 and a copy of the SEVIS I-901 fee receipt
- Original copies of all financial documents (such as bank statements proving
- Proof of ties to your home country (job, ownership of property, etc.)
- Copies of all transcripts
- Copies of your TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT/ACT results
- Information about the DS160 form
Get help for your visa interview.