Take part in one of our homecoming contests and get points for creativity.
Department Decorating Contest
Get in the homecoming mood by decorating your department. Three of our alumni will be judging your works of art by your use of the following elements:
- Theme and homecoming logo (30 points)
- The university logo (30 points)
- The use of basketball players and coaches (25 points)
- Sound or video (15 points)
- Incorporating your office staff into the decorating (15 points)
- Alumni from your program or athletic alumni (15 points)
- Interactive decorations (10 points)
- Mastodon Alumni Association Logo (10 points)
There is a 50-point bonus for using homemade items. There are two categories: departments with more than 15 or more employees and departments with fewer than 15 employees.
Questions about department decorating should be directed to Alumni Relations at 260-481-6807 or email@example.com.
Spirit-Sheet Sign Contest for Student Organizations
Does your student organization have spirit? What about artistic flair? Could it use an infusion of prize money? All three of these things will come together for the annual Spirit-Sheet Sign Contest.
Decorate your sheet—supplies are available to you courtesy of the
Your student organization will then present its sheet at the pregame reception on Saturday, January 26, at the fieldhouse. The winners will be announced at the game.
Register for the contest and receive your sheet and supplies at Student Life and Leadership in Walb Union, Room 210.
- Sheets must not contain any graphic images, offensive language, or glitter. The use of such will cause disqualification.
- If your entry is the top three, two representatives from your student organization must be present at the homecoming celebration in order to display your sheet.
- Sheets will be judged by the following categories, with up to 10 points for each:
- Representation of student organization
- Representation of Purdue Fort Wayne logo and mascot
- Overall creativity
- The prizes are $300 for first, $200 for second, and $100 for third.
- The name of your student organization must be on the sheet.
- Confetti, sand, or any other materials that may fall or drip from sheets are prohibited.
- Organizations are responsible for their sheet during the drying phase; sheets must be completely dry before they are submitted
- Late submissions will be accepted but will receive a five-point penalty.
- Only one sheet will be given to each requesting organization. The submission of an additional sheet will result in immediate disqualification.
- You are not allowed to use decorated sheets from previous homecomings.
For more information, contact Student Life and Leadership at 260-481-6609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.