Paying for College

General Information

Everyone who received a student loan while enrolled at Indiana/Purdue University–Fort Wayne is required by the U. S. Department of Education to complete loan exit counseling when they are no longer enrolled.   Exit counseling reviews your rights and responsibilities for repayment of Stafford student loans. 

You are required to complete Exit Counseling if you:

  • have graduated or
  • are not enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (Audit classes do not count) or
  • have stopped attending IPFW. 

To complete loan exit counseling

  • Go to the website
  • Under “Tools and Resources” click on “Exit Counseling.” (Your FAFSA PIN is required)
  • Submit your completed information via the web by clicking on “submit”

Important reminder:  You will have a six-month “grace period” before you begin repayment.  During this time, you will receive repayment information and you will be notified of your first payment due date. 

If you are facing a large amount of debt, you might be tempted to skip or postpone some of your student loan payments.  Instead, you should immediately contact your loan servicer to discuss other repayment plan options, and to find out whether you are eligible for a deferment or forbearance.  They will work with you to help you avoid the serious consequences of delinquency and default.  This exit counseling session will empower you to make good financial choices as you enter repayment on your Stafford student loans. 

School Code: 001828

Facebook Twitter YouTube

Financial Aid Office Hours:


Monday - Thursday:  8 A.M. - 5 P.M.

Friday:  9 A.M. - 5 P.M.

Contact Us:

Phone:  260-481-6820

Fax:      260-481-4159

2101 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN, 46805

Summer Billing Due Dates

for registration on or before 5/16/14

  • May 16, 2014

for registration on or after 5/17/14

  • June 27, 2014

Fall 2014 Billing Due Date

  • August 22,2014

Changes to Child of a Disabled Veteran (CVO) Program

Students who will receive CVO next year must be aware of recent changes made by the state of Indiana.  Visit the state of Indiana's website to read more!