FEDERAL DIRECT GRADUATE PLUS LOAN
A Graduate Student may apply for a credit based Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan to finance the difference of their education up to their Cost of Attendance. In order to qualify, the Graduate Student must have a FAFSA on file and complete the online application and credit check.
- Origination fee of 4.228%
- Fixed interest rate of 6.28% (Disbursed on or After July 1, 2021 and Before July 1, 2022)
- There is a standard 10 year repayment period that can start 60 days after disbursement.
- There is also a deferment option till the student graduates or drops below half-time (4 credit hours as a Graduate Student).
- Interest only payments are available during deferment.
How to Apply
Graduates can apply and complete a credit check by logging onto studentaid.gov and log on using their FSA ID. From here you will be required to complete a Master Promissory Note before Purdue Fort Wayne can post your loan.