Graduate Direct Stafford Loans
Direct Unsubsidized Loan:
- All Graduate students are eligible for Unsubsidized Stafford loans.
- This loan accrues interest starting at the disbursement of the loan.
- Interest may be paid during or after the grace period is over.
- Fixed interest rate of 5.28% (Disbursed on or After July 1, 2021 and Before July 1, 2022).
- No credit check
How to Apply
By completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) your initial application is already complete. Your school will award you the amounts that you see listed below for your class standing. You will then need to accept the amount you wish to borrow. Once you have accepted the loan, you will need to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov.
Transfer students that have completed the Master Promissory Note do not need to complete another one. However, they will need to complete Entrance Counseling again.
At any time students can access their aggregate loan history at studentaid.gov.
Near the end of the student’s field of study, they will be prompted to complete Exit Counseling. This will counsel them on all of the repayment options available and educate the student about the cost.
Loan Limits for Graduate Students
Graduate or Professional Students
Annual Loan Limit
$20,500 (Unsubsidized only)
Graduate Students as of July 1,
Terms and Conditions
- There is a standard 10-year repayment period that starts at the end of a six month grace period. Explore your repayment option with the repayment calculator.
- There is a standard net origination fee of 1.057%