Over 40 vendors will provide health screenings, activities, mental health and self-care activities, educational and informational resources at the Well-being Summit. Events will be held throughout the day mainly in the Walb Union, International Ballroom.
The Summit is free except for the blood health screenings. Free t-shirts and free healthy Grab-and-Go Snacks will be available while supplies last.
All currently enrolled students on campus, faculty, and staff are highly encouraged to attend and participate in the Well-being Summit. Faculty and staff may attend with supervisor support.
Registration is required for some screenings and activities. Space is limited for these activities; please register early to reserve your spot.
keep the herd healthy and well
Attend the Well-being Summit
The health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff is very important. The Well-Being Summit offers health screenings and activities which focus on the Five Pillars of Health for overall well-being from the Healthy Boiler Program—behavioral health, financial wellness, physical health, social wellness, and work-life integration.
Whether you want to pet therapy dogs and miniature horses, plant a potted plant for your office or home, talk with vendors about their services—there is something for everyone at the Well-being Summit.
The Well-being Summit is sponsored by WellRec, Healthy Boiler Employee Well-being, the Office of Student Conduct and Care, Student Leadership, the Disability Access Center, and Human Resources-Office of Institutional Equity.
7 a.m.-10 a.m. | Walb Union | Room 222
10 a.m.-1 P.m. | Walb Union | International ballroom
- Bone Density Screenings: IU Health
- Mental Health Surveys: PFW Being Well—The Mental health Readiness Project
- Hearing Screenings: PFW Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Flexibility Screening: YMCA
NOTE: Francine's Mobile Mammography unfortunately had to cancel their screening due to repairs being made to a system on their mobile unit. The Breast Diagnostic Center will call you to reschedule your appointment if you signed up for the screening. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We will try to reschedule them to come to campus at a later date.
10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Walb Union | International ballroom
Over 40 vendors will be providing information, resources, games, and activities which relate to the Healthy Boiler Pillars of Health—physical health, financial wellness, behavioral/mental health, social wellness, and work-life integration.
Please enter the ballroom at the General Check-in door and pick up a free Well-being Summit t-shirt—one per person while supplies last. Take time to meet with vendors, make a potted plant, pet therapy dogs or enjoy a self-care spa activity.
The Well-being Summit provides an opportunity for our campus community to:
- Attend health screenings including blood health screenings
- Relax with fun mental health activities and self-care spa activities
- Meet with health and well-being professionals at the vendor resource fair
- Pot a planted plant
- Paint a picture at the Painting with a Twist Party
- Play lawn games
- Pet therapy dogs and therapy miniature horses
- Pick up a Grab-and Go snack
- Receive free t-shirts and more
Certain health screenings and activities require registration. There's something for everyone at the Summit.
9 A.M.-4 P.M. | Walb Union | International ballroom
Mental health is an important part of your well-being. There are many ways to promote your mental health including making time for self-care activities, having pets or plants, eating fresh fruits and vegetables, having hobbies, socializing with others, or seeking help when needed. All activities take place in the International Ballroom unless noted otherwise. Please note the times and if you need to register for an activity.
- Massage Therapy and Spa Treatments: Shanti Therapeutic Center | 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Mental Health Surveys: PFW Being Well—The Mental Health Readiness Project | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Mental Health Information and Resources for students, faculty, and staff | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Planting Party: Roots and Rocks | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Fresh Produce for sale: Plowshares Food Hub | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Lawn Games: WellRec Fitness Center and PFW Intramurals | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | First floor bookstore hallway | Walb Union
- Therapy Dogs: Three Rivers Visiting Dogs | 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Therapy Miniature Horses: Horses Make You Happy-Miniature Therapy Horses | 2-4 p.m.
Painting with a Twist Party | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Walb Union | Classic Ballroom
Unwind after work for a fun evening of painting a socializing while painting a Mastodon masterpiece. No painting experience required. Heavy appetizers, fruit and veggie trays, and bottled water will be served. Receive a free t-shirt-one per person while supplies last-when you attend this event. Register for this event.
Free T-shirts will be available at these events—one per person while supplies last
- Vendor Fair | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Walb Union | International Ballroom
- Go to the General Check-in door to enter the International Ballroom.
- Painting with a Twist Party | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Classic Ballroom | Walb Union
Free Healthy Grab-and-Go Snacks
Vendor Fair | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Walb Union | International Ballroom
When visiting the vendor resource tables, stop by and pick up some healthy snacks to go. Aladdin Food Services will provide bottled water, fruit, and more. Snacks available while supplies last.