Have a hard time controlling your need for sugary drinks? Join Melissa Covarrubias, Behavioral Health Counselor from the Purdue Center for Healthy Living, in this webinar to learn about the overall effects sugary drinks have on our bodies, what it looks like when sugar becomes an addiction and how to cut back on unhealthy drinks. Meeting link will be sent prior to the event.
The five Pillars of Wellness
Your physical health is critical to your total well-being, so the Healthy Boiler program champions health education, preventive care and ongoing treatment programs. HB Employee Well-being and WellRec provide lifestyle education programs, workshops, health screenings and more related to how to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Taking Care of My Diabetes, a Lifestyle Education Program, is designed to help pre-diabetics and diabetics learn more about diabetes and how nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress management can influence blood glucose levels.
- Know your numbers. Blood health screenings provide the opportunity to check your glucose and A1C number.
- Healthy Boiler Workshops include topics such as healthy eating, stress management, self-care, getting active, and more.
- 121 Group Health Coaching offers three different exercise training programs to maintain overall well-being.
- Benefits-eligible employees and their covered spouses should log in to the Healthy Boiler portal, then scroll to Healthy Boiler Workshops. Registration link can be found under the “Healthy Boiler Workshops” section on the portal’s home page. Hover over the workshop’s square and hit “Submit” to register.
- All other employees may email Bloom at [email protected] to register.