Think Safe, Be Safe
Here are some safety tips to remember when you are visiting campus.
General Safety Tips
University Police offers the following top 10 list of general safety tips:
- Sign up for the RAVE Alert notifications.
- Do not leave property unattended.
- Do not leave valuables visible in your vehicle.
- Register your expensive items with the police department (bike, laptop, big screen TV, etc.)
- Be aware of your surroundings and communicate your plans with others.
- Do not release personal or financial information to unknown sources.
- Utilize the police escort service (available 24 hours a day).
- Be an active bystander.
- If you see something suspicious, say something.
- DDSS (don’t do silly stuff) that would draw attention to you.
Student Housing Safety Tips
University Police offers the following list of safety tips specific to Student Housing:
- If you have guests, always escort them around the complex. Remember, you are responsible for their actions.
- Learn who lives in your building and report any unauthorized persons immediately.
- Never prop doors open. They are there for your safety from intruders and also as protection from fire.
- Never lend your keys or key fob to anyone.
- Report any doors that do not latch properly immediately.
- Report any unauthorized persons who are staying with other residents immediately.
- Always lock your vehicle and do not leave anything valuable in plain sight.
For more information, contact us at 260-481-5493 or firstname.lastname@example.org.