COVID-19 Updates
Purdue Fort Wayne is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. For current information on the university’s updates and status, please visit our COVID-19 website. Keep Reading
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science

Frequently Asked Questions

You ask. We answer.


Is it possible to have more than one concentration and/or minor?

Yes. Although there are only 18 credit hours required in the concentration/minor portion of the OL bachelor's program, you may earn an additional concentration or minor if you choose to do so.

May I come back and finish a minor and/or concentration after I graduate?

No. A minor and/or concentration must be completed prior to graduation.

If I repeat a course, what happens to the first grade I received in the course?

Repeating a course replaces the previous grade on your academic record, regardless of whether the grade is better, worse or the same. The old grade will still be listed in your permanent record (transcript). The most recent grade will be the one counted in your overall GPA.

Can I replace a grade in a particular course by taking a different course?

Generally, the answer is no. There are, however, a few instances where this may be possible. The university must consider the two courses as equivalent. Please check with your academic advisor.

How often should I see my academic advisor?

At a minimum, you should visit your academic advisor at least once a year, although it may be wise to meet with your advisor once per semester.

I am registering on OASIS and I get a “prerequisite test score” error. What do I do?

This means you have not completed a required course or taken necessary placement tests. It's possible that you may have taken the prerequisite course at another university, though, and OASIS simply doesn't recognize it. If this happens to you, call the OL office and we will gladly check your records and help you resolve the situation.

What is the difference between a concentration and a minor?

A concentration is a selection of courses in a specific area of study and may contain courses from various disciplines such as OL, Communication, Psychology, etc. Together, the courses focus on a specific area of study, such as health care, human resources, environmental health and safety, etc. Concentrations are established by Organizational Leadership in cooperation with other departments. A minor is a series of courses that focus on a specific area of learning, such as Psychology, Communication, Business, etc. Another distinction between a concentration and minor is that a minor will appear on your transcript and a concentration will not.

Does OL offer any scholarships?

Yes, the Swinehart Scholarship and the Chandler Scholarship are available to OL students. Contact the OL office for more details.

I graduate next semester. What do I need to do?

  1. Apply for graduation at the Office of the Registrar’s website. Cick on the "application for graduation" link.
  2. Complete a graduation audit before registering for your final semester. Contact your OL advisor to schedule.

I am working on my OL Associate (Bachelor's) degree, and I see that I have all of the classes for a Supervisory Leadership Certificate. Can I get the certificate?

The certificate option is available to community members who enter IPFW as non-degree seeking students and to students in good academic standing who are enrolled in non-OL plans of study. OL degree seeking students are not eligible to enter the certificate program.

What is the lowest passing grade for an OL class?

If you are a student majoring in Organizational Leadership (B.S. or A.S. programs), or if you are a Supervisory Leadership Certificate student, you will must earn a grade of “C-” or better in all OL classes. In addition, OL majors must earn a grade of “C-” or better in ENG W131 and ENG W233 (or approved substitute).

Is there a GPA requirement for OL?

Yes, transfer students and students planning to change their major to OL must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher to be admitted into the program. A cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above is also required to remain in the program.

Schedule an appointment

Need to sit down with your advisor? No problem!

Shoot us an email or give us a call at 481-6420.