Current Students

The College of Visual and Performing Arts offers awards and scholarships to students majoring in fine arts, music, theatre and visual communication and design. Awards may also include grants, fee remission, or work-study assistance. As recipients are selected by their respective department, applicants should contact their department directly for more information.

IPFW also provides financial aid programs to help meet educational expenses. To apply, students file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This needs-analysis form, used to determine eligibility for financial aid, is available in Kettler Hall, Room 109, after Jan. 1 each year. Applications received by the first week of March are given priority consideration. For a form or assistance, please call the Financial Aid office at 260-481-6820.Visual and Performing Arts awards scholarships to Fine Arts, Music, Theatre and Visual Communication and Design majors. These awards are provided from the school rather than from a specific department.

Endowed Scholarships include:

  • Ione Auer Arts Scholarship
  • Waterfield Foundation Scholarship
  • Samuel S. and Bronnica W. Weinberg Scholarship Fund in Memory of Gertrude Weigler Brateman
  • Visual and Performing Arts Endowed Scholarship

Specific scholarship information in the following departments: Fine Arts | Music | Theatre | Visual Communication and Design

Scholarships and Financial Aid for Freshmen

Our Chancellor's Distinguished Scholarship will pay full tuition and our Chancellor's Scholarship will pay 1/2 tuition. Both scholarships are renewable for four years. The IPFW Admissions Office also has 50 Chancellor Merit Awards that are available to students that are not legal residents of the state of Indiana. The scholarship allows nonresidents to pay in-state fees. High school seniors must rank in the top 25% of their graduating class and have an SAT score of 1650 or an ACT score of 25 or above. International students should e-mail the International Student Services Office for more information.

A student may receive a Chancellor's Scholarship, a Chancellor's Distinguished Scholarship, or a Chancellor's Merit Award, but no more than one of these scholarships will be awarded to an individual student. Not available to students currently or previously enrolled at IPFW. Awards commence in fall semester.