College of Arts and Sciences
  • Campus Ministry, Helmke Library, rooms 362-364, 260-481-6993, provides personal and spiritual counseling and some crisis response. It also runs several religious programs for IPFW students. Check out IPFW's Religious Organizations page.
  • Career Services, Kettler Hall, room 109, 260-481-0689, provides career counseling, placement in courses, interviewing / resumé / job search information, academic workshops, and information on work study campus employment opportunities.
  • The Center for Academic Support and Advancement, Kettler Hall, room G23, 260-481-6817 provides free tutoring through individual appointments (up to two hours weekly per subject area) and drop-in-hours in a variety of introductory courses, as well as supplemental instruction.
  • The Center for Women and Returning Adults, Walb Union, room G52, 260-481-6029, is a good place to find support and assistance in coping with college, help on research projects concerning women and returning adults, and answers to your questions. It is also a good place to relax, have coffee, and share ideas and experiences in a comfortable atmosphere with other IPFW students. Services offered include:
    • information and referral services
    • short-term counseling for returning adults on career choices, women's issues, and child care concerns
    • cultural events and exhibits
    • a lending library
    • financial aid information
    • information on activities, events, organizations, and services in Fort Wayne

Hours: daily 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or evenings by appointment.

  • Child Care is available on a part-time or full-time basis for children from infants to 13 years of age at reduced rates to IPFW students, staff, and faculty through an agreement between IPFW and The Learning Center (TLC).
  • The Dean of Students, Walb Union, room 113, 260-481-6601, can help you regarding any problem you are experiencing, and provide either direct assistance or refer you to the appropriate individual or office.
  • The Financial Aid Office, Kettler Hall, room 102B, 260-481-6820 has applications for student financial assistance. It also has information on specific aid programs and their requirements and can provide answers on grant related problems.
  • First Call For Help. 260-436-4357.
  • The FYE, assists incoming IPFW students get the most out of their freshman year.
  • Office of Diversity and Multicultural Afairs Walb Union, room 118, 260-481-6608, provides a support system for African American, Hispanic, Native American,Asian American, and other minority students, including:
    • The "Buddy Program" which connects an entering student with two mentors, an upper-classperson and a faculty member
    • The Perkins Grant Program which provides academic, career, and personal advising to associate degree students.
  • Personal Counseling, Walb Union, room 210, 260-481- 6601 is a professional mental health service. Evaluation and short term supportive psychotherapy are provided to currently enrolled students at IPFW.
  • Services for Students with Disabilities, Walb Union, room 118, 260-481-6657 (VOICE/TDD) provides free and appropriate aids and services including the use of accessible microcomputers, reader and sign interpreter services, test proctoring, academic and career counseling, and more.
  • The Writing Center, Kettler Hall, room 234, 260-481-5740, offers help with writing papers. It is not a proofreading service, but it provides aid with areas ranging from choosing topics to effective documentation. Instructions for signing up for a 30- or 50- minute appointment are posted outside Kettler Hall, room 234, or you can drop in during posted hours for free, immediate, walk-in help (priority is given to those with appointments).

If you know of another link that should be on this list, please email lamaster (at) Thank you!