COVID-19 Updates
Purdue Fort Wayne is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. For current information on the university’s updates and status, please visit our COVID-19 website. Keep Reading
College of Professional Studies

How to apply for a license

Indiana License Types and Coverage

Teacher candidates are admitted under the REPA rules established by the Indiana Department of Education. Your Mild Intervention Indiana License will cover grades p-12.

Applying for a License

Upon completion of all degree and course requirements including the Pearson exams in Special Education, you may apply to the state of Indiana for the Mild Intervention License. Information about the new state licensing framework and standards for educational professionals may be found on the web site of the Indiana Department of Education.

Pearson Exams for Mild and Intense Intervention Licenses

Mild Intervention License 
      Exceptional Needs – Mild Intervention (P-12) test number 025
               (Addition to Early Childhood or Elementary)
      Exceptional Needs- Mild Intervention (5-12) Tests numbers 025 and 064 
               (Addition to Secondary and All Grade programs)

Intense Intervention License
      Exceptional Needs—Intense Intervention [P–12] test number 024

Website for testing information and registration: 

Photo of a student using adaptive special education materials.Student using adaptive special education materials.