College of Professional Studies

After you have completed the required course work for your education program which includes student teaching, you will graduate from Purdue University - Fort Wayne with a bachelor of science degree.

Upon successful graduation, passing the state required exams, and obtaining certificates in both CPR and suicide prevention, you will be ready to apply for an original Indiana license.

How to apply to RENEW your license (3 options)
How to apply to make an ADDITION to your license (2 options)
How to apply for an original ADMINISTRATIVE LICENSE
How to apply for an original SCHOOL SERVICES LICENSE
How to make a CONVERSION from an Initial Practitioner (2yr) license to a Proficient Practitioner (5yr) license
What is IMAP?

About every seven to ten years, the state updates the requirements to earn an Indiana teacher license. The rules for those requirements are often referred to by the law that was enacted to update the requirements. Since August 31, 2011, the current licensing rules are referred to as REPA.

Please contact Jim Beard, Director of Student Teaching & Licensing with any questions.

Jim BeardJim Beard, M.A.
Director of Student Teaching & Licensing

  • Office: Neff Hall, 243B
  • Phone: 260-481-4100
  • E-mail:
  • To make an appointment, please call 260-481-6449 or use Advisor Trac

Photo of an IPFW education student teaching a literacy lesson.An education student teaching a literacy lesson.