Students, We're Here to Support You
March 23, 2020
We are so pleased to welcome you back to Purdue Fort Wayne following the unexpected extension of your spring break.
I know the circumstances of the two-week break were far from ideal. I hope each of you found some time to relax and spend some quality time with friends and family as we all adjust to the new realities imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Like millions of other college students around the country, you begin your classes fully online today and will continue online for the remainder of the spring semester. Our entire campus has been preparing for almost two weeks to make this transition as easy and smooth as possible. I’m sure you’re nervous and probably a bit apprehensive. Frankly, we all are. But that’s understandable—and it’s OK. This is new territory for all of us, and we will figure it out together.
We are doing everything possible to ensure that the support you need is there for you:
- If you’re having technical issues, reach out to your faculty member, academic advisor ([email protected]u), or the Help Desk ([email protected]) and let them know.
- If you need help navigating the last few weeks of the semester, including financial aid or other financial issues, contact the Office of Student Affairs at [email protected].
- If you just need to talk with someone, contact a counselor at our Counseling Center at 800-342-5652.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and situations are rapidly changing. We know you have many questions, including some you haven’t even thought of yet. Here is how we are responding to this need for information:
- The university has developed a comprehensive COVID-19 website that we are diligent about keeping up-to-date.
- The COVID-19 website includes an extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions (75 and counting), as well as an archive of university messages regarding the coronavirus pandemic.
- The COVID-19 website includes contact information for a full range of student resources you might need.
- Important information about the university’s status will continue to be communicated via campus email, our primary social media channels, and local and regional media outlets.
- A daily email update—Inside PFW Special Edition—communicates updates of critical importance for all students, faculty, and staff.
Simply put, you’re not in this on your own. We’re committed to helping you wrap up your classes and successfully finish your semester. For those of you who will be graduating, we anticipate your incredible milestone almost as much as you, and we’ll help ensure that you reach that goal. It’s within reach.
As we begin this new phase in this unprecedented new environment, we ask that you please pace yourself, take good care of yourself and your loved ones, and don’t hesitate for one minute to raise your hand if you need help. We are here for you.