Nominations for Director of Strategic Planning and Implementation
April 15, 2019
Dear Members of the Faculty,
As part of the university’s strategic planning process, the Strategic Plan Steering Committee and the Strategic Planning Leadership Team have identified a need to identify an individual who will help guide implementation of the new strategic plan.
We are seeking nominations and applications for the part-time position of Director of Strategic Planning and Implementation. Applicants for this position must have demonstrated the organizational, communication, and leadership skills required for this position.
Specific duties of the position include:
- Organizational oversight of all aspects of the strategic plan creation and implementation process
- Serve as the primary communication conduit for all aspects of the strategic planning and implementation processes
- Coordinate all action planning activities related to the implementation process, including creating special committees and sub-committees as needed
- Represent the needs of the strategic plan implementation process in the university budget process and to the administration
- Liaison with all planning activities on campus, including university strategic planning, campus master planning, and college and administrative unit planning efforts
- Lead the Strategic Plan Steering Committee through completion of the plan and initiation of the implementation process
- Perform other duties related to strategic planning and implementation as assigned
Eligibility: Nominees and applicants must be full-time faculty, with a strong preference for individuals who have already achieved tenure. Candidates must have participated in the current university strategic planning process or exhibited leadership in a similar college-level planning process.
Compensation: Compensation is subject to negotiation but is expected to consist of no more than 0.5 FTE in administrative release time during the academic year and a stipend to cover necessary summer activities.
Nominations and applications must be accompanied by a current curriculum vitae along with a statement of their interest and qualifications for this position. All materials should be submitted to the Chief of Staff to the Chancellor, Kimberly Wagner ([email protected]), no later than the close of business on Thursday, April 25, 2019.
Thank you for your consideration of this important request.