About Cooperative Education
Our mission is to offer high-quality, academically enhancing paid-employment opportunities to students. We strive to develop your intellectual, technical, ethical, professional, and social abilities.
Be the premier undergraduate academic Cooperative Education Program in northern Indiana. We want to be known for:
- Outstanding quality of academic preparation
- Academically related and challenging content of student-work assignments
- Active faculty involvement.
- Prompt service to students, employers, and faculty
- Being a respected partner in the community
- Strict adherence to EEO and affirmative action guidelines
Code of professional conduct
- Promote affirmative action through individual and organizational efforts
- Encourage personal and professional development
- Provide challenges that help you reach your potential
- Maintain the integrity of the educational process as the primary focus of Cooperative Education
- Provide individual guidance and support
- Recognize that the employing organization assumes the primary role as educator while supervising students
Find your Co-op path
You have the opportunity to choose from the following options:
You have the opportunity to alternate between full-time-study and full-time-employment semesters. And if a summer session is involved, you can work back-to-back semesters.
With this option, you will work 10 to 24 hours per week while enrolled in your regular class schedule. Two semesters are required. You may continue working with your employer until graduation and throughout the summer if requested.
With our Co-op internships, you will work a semester (paid), typically full time in the summer or part time (24 hours per week) during the fall and spring.
Only the following majors are eligible for a one-semester placement:
- Actuarial science
- Organizational leadership