Teacher Education Programs
It takes a well-trained teacher to make a positive impact on students.
Looking for the knowledge and expertise that will build the foundation for a fulfilling career? Teacher education is your place to start.
Transition to Teaching Certificate (Secondary Education)
The transition to teaching program provides you with a flexible hybrid option that allows you to work while earning your certificate. In this program, you will learn and gain insight from accomplished professors who are committed to your success as an educator.
- A program accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- A rigorous curriculum
- Support from the entire Mastodon community
- Student-teaching opportunities beyond northeast Indiana
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Our education programs are accredited through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation). We are nationally recognized as a high-quality program through the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Become more caring, humane, and functional citizens in a global, multicultural, democratic society
- Improve the human condition by creating positive learning environments
- Become change agents by demonstrating reflective professional practice
- Solve client problems through clear, creative analyses
- Assess client performance, creating and executing effective teaching, counseling, and educational leadership by utilizing a variety of methodologies reflecting current related research
- Utilize interdisciplinary scholarship, demonstrating technology and critical literacies and effectively communicating with all stakeholders
- Curriculum Designer
- Educator (informal)
- School Administrator
- School Counselor
- School Librarian