Tinkerers, builders, and experimenters—your curiosity can change the future.
Every new gadget began as an innovative idea, a fleeting curiosity that became a perpetual thought that begged to be brought to life. Big and small. Recreational to life changing. It all starts with that spark of curiosity.
A.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology
By getting an associate degree in mechanical engineering technology, you’ll acquire the basic communication and practical engineering skills you need for entry-level MET positions. Once you graduate, you’ll also be eligible to enter the B.S. program.
- The ability to use computers to produce and analyze designs
- Experience with designing, planning, and supervising
- The ability to apply theories and principles of science and math
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Program Educational Objectives
- Prepare graduates with knowledge, problem-solving ability, and hands-on skills to enter careers in installation, manufacturing, testing, evaluation, computer-aided design, or maintenance of basic mechanical systems
- Develop a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues with an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Prepare graduates for both immediate employment and continuation in the B.S. program
Learn more about student outcomes and graduation and enrollment data here.
- Automotive Engineer
- Consulting Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Energy Conservation Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Environmental Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Power Plant Manager
- Product Designer
- Technical Sales Representative