Political Science Programs
Take your fascination with systems of power to the next level.
In addition to helping you become a better-informed citizen, the skills you’ll learn through our programs are essential to many different careers—and will open more doors than you can imagine.
Civic Education and Public Advocacy Certificate
This 19-credit certificate is jam-packed with courses in government and politics, communication skills, promise and problems of democracy, policy formation, and government operations. Basically, you’ll get a lot of exposure to a lot of things that really matter.
- A better understanding of personal ethics
- The development of analytical, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue education
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this students, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcome:
- Link methods, theory, and skills-based training with active learning and community-based projects
- Business leader
- Communications Coordinator
- Government Affairs Director
- Policy Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Public Relations Specialist